POSITION: Loan Administration, Analyst
REPORTS TO: Director, Head of Loan Administration
TYPE OF JOB: Full time
LOCATION: US – Maryland - Bethesda
About Calvert Impact, Inc.
Calvert Impact is a global nonprofit investment firm that helps investors and financial professionals invest in solutions that people and the planet need. During its 25-year history, Calvert Impact has mobilized over $4 billion to grow local community and green finance organizations through its flagship Community Investment Note™ and structuring services. Calvert Impact uses its unique position to bring the capital markets and communities closer together. More at calvertimpact.org.
Calvert Impact Capital is a subsidiary of Calvert Impact, Inc. and issues the Community Investment Note.
Calvert Impact is seeking to fill an Analyst position on the Loan Administration team to perform day-to-day loan administration activities related to our global portfolio of impact investments. The role requires someone with strong understanding of legal documentation related to loan and equity closings. In addition, this individual will need to have the ability to think through the operational and administrative aspects of transactions and translate the terms to a loan servicing system. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving, project management skills and have the ability to be nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual must also be able to provide a high-level of service to internal and external customers, as well as share the commitment to the mission of the organization. This position provides a detailed view into the operational processes of a global leader in impact investing.
- Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Loan Closings / Document Review
- Manages closings with the support of the Loan Administration Director
- Review closing documents for alignment with approved teams and conditions.
- Raise any issues with Loan Administration Director as they occur
- Coordinate with Borrowers and Internal Teams (Investments Team, Legal Counsel, and Risk Management) to ensure all documents necessary for closing have been received, reviewed, and approved as required.
- Maintain Closing Checklist
- Adhere to established closing processes
Disbursement of Funds:
- Provide support to Loan Administration Officer and Director in the loan disbursement process
- Review loan and equity documents for adherence to conditions to disbursement
- Raise issues as soon as they surface
- Coordinate pending disbursements with internal teams
- Prepare loan disbursements for approval
- Update loan system
- Adhere to established disbursement processes
Monitoring and Administration:
- Set-up loans in the loan servicing system, in conformance with closing documentation and approved terms and conditions
- Prepare and send monthly invoices to Borrowers
- Prepare pay-off statements, as requested
- Ensure that payments are properly applied
- Gain a level of understanding and competency in the loan system
- Track and manage loan maturities
- Monitor Borrower request and follow up with Borrowers for problem resolution
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to identify requirements and manage implementation of new products.
- Maintain electronic and paper loan files
- Ensure all forms and updates are complete for month-end close
- Strong operational and project management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable with working with technology
- Strong Microsoft Office experience
- Strong commitment to quality and superior customer service.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and productively with people internally and externally.
- Undergraduate degree.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Loan Administration Analyst” in the email subject line. No phone inquiries please.