Hungry for more?
Operating Principles for Impact Management
The Impact Principles created a market standard by which all signatories must measure, monitor, verify, and disclose their impact. Learn more about the Impact Principles on our blog, read our Impact Disclosure Statement, and check out this short video on how our practices align with Principle #4: Assess the expected impact of each investment, based on a systematic approach.
To hear more about how the Impact Principles have improved impact management practice, opened up opportunities for impact investing to scale, and provided the necessary impact infrastructure for investors to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic with integrity, watch a recording of the panel moderated by our CEO Jenn Pryce, with representatives from the Impact Principles, the GIIN, FMO, Nuveen, and BlueOrchard.
For more information on how Calvert Impact approaches Principle #7: Conduct exits considering the effect on sustained impact, check out the Impact Principles Webinar on Responsible Exits, which features a panel including our Director of Impact Management, Caitlin Rosser.
For more information on Principle #9, watch the recording of the virtual event hosted by Tideline and The Rockefeller Foundation, Impact Investing's Next Chapter: Integrity Through Assurance. Tideline led an engaging discussion on why impact verification is key to scaling the market with integrity, with panelists including Calvert Impact's in-house IMM expert Caitlin Rosser.
Impact Frontiers Collaboration
Our participation in the Impact Frontiers Collaboration, a learning cohort with 13 other impact investors that has now grown into a network of global investors, helped us advance our impact management practices in a way that is fully integrated with financial risk and return:
- "How investors can integrate impact with financial management, in SSIR," blog on our website, announcing the first article released by the Collaboration and outlines the approach to impact-financial integration.
- Handbook for Impact Investors, which details the impact-financial integration framework that was developed and implemented with the collaboration of 13 investors, features case studies from the investors, and serves as a "how-to" guide to developing an impact due diligence rating system.
- Webinar with the Impact Management Project, introducing the approach and offering Calvert Impact's impact rating system as an example.
- GIIN's IRIS+ system is the generally accepted system for measuring, managing, and optimizing impact. IRIS+ makes it easier for investors to translate their impact intentions into impact results by offering an interactive method of connecting strategy to impact metrics.
- The Impact Management Project's (IMP) 5 dimensions are the generally accepted norms for categorizing the dimensions of impact.
- IRIS+ and the Five Dimensions of Impact outlines how the IRIS+ system and the 5 dimensions can be used together along with the IRIS+ Core Metrics Sets and full IRIS Catalogue of metrics.
- Impact Due Diligence resources from Pacific Community Ventures, research that features shared impact due diligence approaches employed by leading impact investors.
- Operating Principles for Impact Management Signatory Reporting, which captures each of the 100+ signatories' annual impact management disclosure statements and verifier's statements.